Sunday, September 13, 2009
Monday, August 31, 2009
I now have a new job.. school librarian. It was nothing that I ever thought about doing but I have a feeling I’m going to LOVE it. I love books, have since I was little, and love technology which is now a huge part of the school library. I think I could be great at this job. I’ve decided to complete another Master’s degree in this field and the great thing is once I complete it I’m not stuck at just public schools.
My husband calls me a dork (in an affection kinda way) but I don’t mind. I love my job this year.
Posted by Michelle at 9:23 AM
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Well, we are starting the house.. finally! They came to start the footer today but we ran into a little problem. The house was too close to the hill. SO! We have to have some of the hill dug out some more. Hopefully they’ll get it done and he can come back next week to do the footer. So excited though! Here’s some pictures before we get started.
Posted by Michelle at 12:44 PM
Thursday, June 4, 2009
I did not make it through the 30 day shred last night. Ugh. I was entirely too sore. But I will be doing it tonight! Even if S is sitting there laughing at me while I do it. :)
Posted by Michelle at 10:33 AM
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
So, since S and I got married I have gained weight. And I hate it. So I’ve decided to do something about it. I heard about the 30 day shred from a few places on the internet so I thought I’d try. Twenty minutes a day and you could lose 20 lbs in a month! Sign me up! So I started it yesterday.
Holy crap is it hard! My whole body is sore today which is a good thing I’m sure. The moves weren’t hard to follow and it was really basic stuff but the way she had you do it had you using every muscle in your body. I really liked it. I’m gonna try to suck it up and do it again today. I know I need to power through it and keep going to lose it or it’ll be just as hard every time. I really do recommend it though if you want a good workout w/o leaving your house that is easy to follow.
Posted by Michelle at 5:12 AM
Thursday, May 7, 2009
I have revisited my obsession with Harry Potter. I've been listening to the audio books any chance I get. They are so good having them read to you. Really love audio books. I've been getting them from the library. So much cheaper.
We officially start building our house in 6 weeks. (!!!) We are not ready. We still have to go to the bank for the loan. I don't see it being a problem. We have no debt and our credit is great, but you never know with the way things are right now. We picked out floors. We were gonna go carpet and hardwood but I think we're just gonna do all hardwood. It's so pretty. They are a country oak. Which means they will still have the rough look to them that I loved.
I graduate Grad school Saturday!! And I am so ready for summer break.
Posted by Michelle at 11:11 AM
Monday, March 9, 2009
So, I’m really bad at keeping resolutions. I’m doing horrible writing here, I’ve managed to work out one week before other stuff happened, and I can not get through my 4th book so it looks like 50 is gonna be kinda hard to reach. I have managed to keep up with the cooking thing. We’ve been eating at the house a lot more.
So the book I’m stuck on is The Stand by Stephen King. I’m doing it for the LOST book challenge. Its really good but so long and I don’t have the time I use to to read. Doing student teaching and working at the same time is killing me. I’ve gotta make time to study for my comps too since I failed it the first time I took them.
My sisters and I went to see David Cook in concert this past weekend. He was awesome. Loved him during American Idol but he was so much better live. He had a guy named Ryan Star opening up for him. He was awesome. I kept telling Ang that I knew I had heard the guy before and I was right! He was on Rockstar: Supernova a few years back. I think he’s gonna be big soon. I’ll post some pics from the concert when I get them from the twin.
Posted by Michelle at 5:30 AM
Sunday, February 8, 2009
I created a really cute new blog header! It took forever but it’s oh so cute!
Posted by Michelle at 7:33 PM
Dinner at the Mexican Restaurant: $25.74
Roll of toilet paper: $.75
Having 2 bathrooms in your house: Priceless
We only have 1….
Posted by Michelle at 7:32 PM
Friday, February 6, 2009
So this has been going around and I got tagged on Facebook. Decided to bring it on over to the blog.
1. You will never see me in a pair of heels unless I have to. (Like in a wedding.. or.. umm.. well, no where else)
2. I am a media junkie. I love movies, music, video games, my iPhone (which I’m constantly clicking around on), anything that flashes pretty colors.
3. I wore skirts only until I was 15 years old and I had hair down to my butt.
4. I love animals. I wanted to be a veterinarian up until I realized I would have to stick stuff up their butts.
5. I have a twin.
6. I procrastinate on EVERYTHING I do.
7. I’m lazy. If i would’ve given even 50% of an effort to undergrad I would’ve done so much better. I just didn’t care.
8. I’m almost finished w/my Master’s! (See, I grew up a little bit..)
9. I like to collect monkeys. I bought a $20 keychain one from Coach. Husband nearly crapped himself.
10. I wish I could live on the beach.
11. I want a baby so bad I can’t stand it but know there are more things we need to do before we have one. (Like build our house..)
12. I hate hate HATE roller coasters. Probably because I’m terrified of heights.
13. When I lived in Morgantown I would wake twin up in the middle of the night to kill spiders. She would get mad. I would cry until she killed it.
14. I wish I could win the lottery. Really. But I don’t play it.
15. The twin and I can talk to each other in our sleep. In a different language. It freaks people out.
16. I had 9 people in my graduating class. Including myself.
17. My dogs are like my babies. Any given night you will find them both on my lap sleeping while I watch tv.
18. I was scared to stay by myself all night until I got married… 2 years ago. I think if my house was bigger I would probably still be scared.
19. I love love love flip flops. I wear them until it is entirely too cold and put them back on when it hits 50 degrees.
20. I have only two girls that I would say are my best friends (besides my sisters). One I have been friends with for 10+ years. The other I have know about 3 years but love her the same. Our husbands have been friends since they were old enough to get in trouble (which was about 4 or 5).
21. I married Husband after we dated for 9 months. He stalked me for five years before I finally agreed to go out with him.
22. I hate to do dishes. Hate. A lot.
23. I would love to start my own photography business. But there isn’t really a market for that around here.
24. I love my in laws. My mother in law is amazing. Absolutely love them.
25. I have the best family a girl could ask for. I couldn’t be more loved.
Posted by Michelle at 9:04 PM
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
So I found this on someone else’s blog and since I LOVE to read and LOVE LOST I’m going to do this challenge. It can’t be that hard, right? It’s only 5 books! So after looking through the list of books the five books I plan on reading are:
1. The Stand – Stephen King
2. The Chronicles of Narnia – C.S. Lewis (I’ve only read 2 of them.)
3. The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger – Stephen King (I’ve been wanting to read this series for a while.)
4. Evil Under the Sun – Agatha Christie
I’m not sure about the 5th one. It will either be:
1. Jurassic Park – Michael Crichton
2. Lancelot – Walker Percy
3. Alice in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
4. Of Mice and Men – John Steinbeck
5. A Wrinkle in Time – Madeleine L’Engle
6. The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Posted by Michelle at 7:57 PM
We woke up this morning to a ton of snow!!
I decided to take the puppies out in it and take a few pictures.
“Get me outta here Mom!!”
“What?! I like running with my face in it!”
They’re so cute and cuddly. Then Scott came out to try to get all the snow off the cars.
“Can we please go in now? Its cold!”
Posted by Michelle at 10:01 AM
Saturday, January 10, 2009
So, in keeping up with my resolutions, I purchased this tonight with my Christmas money.
I'm so excited. I plan on finding a photography class online and really learning to use it. Who knows, maybe I'll start a photography business. :) I'm sure I'll be posting more pics with my camera as soon as it arrives.
In other news, I start working at Logan High on Monday. I'm kind of nervous about it but I'm just so thankful to be doing my student teaching and getting paid at the same time. It's great considering we'll be building a house in 6 months or so.
I have some books to start. I just need to get going. I don't know if the 50 books this year will happen but I'm really going to try. If I could bring myself to turn off the tv it would be so much easier.
I'll leave you with a picture of my family on New Years. :)
Posted by Michelle at 8:46 PM
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Resolutions for this year:
1) Workout 2 -3 times a week = Lose 20 lbs.
2) Cook at least 4 times a week.
3) Pick up a new hobby. I'm thinking photography.
4) Update my blog once a week.
5) Not procrastinate.
6) Read 50 books in 2009 guidelines courtesy of the Nest Book Club.
7) Find a church that me and Scott enjoy going to.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! :)
Posted by Michelle at 7:27 PM